Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Thrifty-nifty

Today I've been working on a few Do It Yourself-projects. Unfortunately, I forgot that my parents still had the memory-card from my camera. I lent it to them when they went on a vacation to Germany a couple of months ago. So there I was, all ready to take pictures. I even made sure my batteries were full, the lighting was good... But alas! Pictures will follow later, since I'll repeat those projects. They are very easy and make great budget-proof gifts.

While I was shopping for one of the projects, a variation on the Teacup-Candles I saw at Beautylab.nl, I received an unexpected compliment. And boy, that made my day :) One of the cashiers at my local thrift shop said his colleague would only wrap fragile things for pretty women. He never does it for ugly ones. But he sure was wrapping my fragile bowls! I do not consider myself very pretty, just average-looking, so this compliment was really nice! I looked scruffy, rained upon, hair in a mess, and still, they considered me pretty! Yay :)

Luckily, they didn't see what I wore under my coat, because that was far from feminine! I was up and about all day, so I went for comfort instead of class. It is cold and very, very wet here in Holland, which didn't really help my clothing options. Basic jeans, a longsleeve from Primark and a very comfy sweater from H&M's men's department. I love the colorful ribcage! It reminds me of Abby from the TV-show NCIS. She dresses full-on Goth, which is not my cup of tea, but some of her outfits are stunning! I remember her wearing a similar shirt in black and white one episode, but I can't find a picture. Oh well. I like mine better because of the colors! It's a men's fit, so it's slouchy. Perfect for days like this, when I don't care much about looks. And it gives me an instant happier mood with its bright colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment